Alexandra Goody, Campaigns & Communications Manager
0207 593 5767
What is the competition?
We Made It! is an exciting competition aimed to get you thinking about a job in manufacturing.
We're inviting young people aged between 11 - 14 to design something, anything in fact, and you will have the chance to make it yourself in a real high-tech factory. All you need to do is send us your design for a gadget, toy or gismo that doesn't already exist, and you could win a trip to a Fab Lab, where you can bring your idea to life.
We want to show you that manufacturing is about design and creativity as well as hands-on making. Let your imagination run wild – whether it's a useful gadget to help with your homework, or a toy you've always wanted, or something to help others.
No matter how crazy, complicated or creative, if your design wins, our experts will help you to make it.
- Monday 22nd April 2013: Competition Opens
- Friday 27th September 2013: Competition Closes
- wk/c 14th October 2013: Constituency Winners Announced!
- wk/c 21st October 2013: National Winners Announced!
- November 2013: Fab Lab visits
- w/c 9th December 2013: We Made It! Awards Ceremony in Parliament